Custom Screen Printed Pet Portraits
I am excited to now have available 8" x 10" custom screen printed pet portraits! Upon order you will receive an original, hand drawn, hand printed, 2-color screen print as the final product. You have the option of receiving it framed or unframed. You also have the option of getting one extra print (total of two 8" x 10" prints) for an extra $10. Shipping is free!
See examples for the illustrative style in which the portrait will be made (more examples coming soon):
• metallic gold "halo," eyes, and details
• black drawing of pet
• head/bust-style portrait (body will not be included)
• 8" x 10" screen print on 100# French paper
• Metallic gold (has a sparkle) and black ink
• Price includes illustration of one pet - please contact me to discuss more than one pet in the illustration
• You can choose to have the pet's name in the image, or not - hand lettering will be in the style demonstrated in the photos
• You can choose to receive the print framed or unframed. Frames are handmade by Mutual Adoration with responsibly reclaimed hardwood from Detroit. Frame includes glass, backing board, and keyhole slots for easy flush wall hanging. Frame can also stand up on its own. Because the frames are made from reclaimed wood, they are unique, but will generally look like the photo (same finish, etc).
• Purchase this item. (Read more about the process on my blog!)
• After purchase, please send me photos of the dog to hello at melissadettloff dot com. Head/neck/bust-style photos are best. Send as many as you'd like.
• Within 1 to 1.5 weeks of receiving the photos, I will send a draft of the illustration. I draw everything by hand, with ink on paper. Then I scan the drawing to prepare it for screen printing.
• You can request one minor edit (example: "please make the neck thinner," "please make the ears darker," "please make the gold circle bigger," or some kind of minor revision to what is already in the illustration - not "please change the expression," "please make the mouth closed," or anything that would require starting the illustration over). At this point you can cancel your order and receive a 50% refund on the print ($42.50) and full refund on the frame, if you ordered one. There are no refunds after this step. I follow your photographs closely, so please don't send any photos that you don't like or don't feel represent your pet well.
• I will complete the illustration and create the screen print within 1 - 1.5 weeks of final approval. Total turnaround time is approximately 2 - 3 weeks from receipt of photos, plus shipping time.
• Print will ship framed or unframed, depending on what you choose at checkout.
Please note that I reserve the right to use pet portraits as samples for future listings and advertisements. All copyrights are retained by me and are not transferred upon sale. All works © Melissa Dettloff/Hooray Forever. Custom pet portraits are for personal use only. Do not resell or distribute.